CABIN RULES SUMMARY
- Summer 2022 – Full Cabin Buyout until 11/30/2022
- Winter 22/23 – Individual Room Booking from 12/01/2022 to 4/30/2023
- All bookings should be made and paid in advance on the website
- Booking possible 45 days in advance
- One standard booking allowed at a time
- Single membership allows 1 rooms per booking
- Family membership allows 2 rooms per booking
- When your current stay is completed, another booking may be placed.
- If you or any guest is experiencing any symptoms of a cold or flu please cancel your reservation and rebook for a later date
- Cancellations can be made from the link in the confirmation email
- Refunds of cancellations will be issued according to the 21/14/7 rules detailed below on this page (Subject to Cabin Master discretion)
The board reserves the right to cancel bookings that are in violation of booking rules
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Check-In Time 3 p.m.
Check-Out Time 11 a.m.
Everyone must register in the guest book upon arrival.
Since the 2022 summer season, a new booking system is in use.
On the reservation page, you can search for available rooms by date by using the date picker. Here, you can also browse through the calendars for each room and see what is free.
On the accommodations page, you can familiarize yourself with the 7 rooms and also initiate a booking for a specific room.
2685 Cedar Lane, Homewood, CA 96141
You will nearly certainly arrive by car, as the public transportation possibilities are almost non-existent. Carpooling can be arranged (and is encouraged). Drivers should bring a Northern California map.
From The Bay Area
- From the Bay Area, take I-80 towards Reno.
- At Truckee, take the Hwy 89 exit and go south.
- At Tahoe City, stay on Hwy 89 by going right at the first light.
- After 3 miles, turn right onto Timberland Lane at the Timberland totem pole.
- Turn left onto Cedar Lane and look for the cabin on your left.
WINTER DRIVING NOTICE
During the winter, you are required to carry snow chains or drive a four-wheel drive with snow tires. Always check the road conditions and weather forecast before you drive in the mountains.
Tahoe Bus Transit (530) 581-6365
Tahoe Taxi (530) 546-3181
Parking is very limited. Carpool if you can, and expect to have to shuffle cars during your stay. Cars parked on the street are subject to towing. Blocking a neighbors’ driveway access will increase your chance of being towed.
The cabin has electric bear wire in place. It will not harm you , but needs to be handled with care.
To Enter: grab TOP black handle and disconnect. This will disable the other two wires.
Take off second, then third wire by handle.
When leaving or at night replace wire from BOTTOM to TOP. Lowest wire first, then second, then TOP which will activate barrier
Reservations cancelled less than 21 days prior to date of arrival are subject to forfeiture of 50% of the cost. . Any reservation cancelled less than 14 days date of arrival will result in forfeiture of 100% of the cost.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days prior to date of arrival are subject to forfeiture of 50% of the cost. Any reservation cancelled less than 7 days date of arrival will result in forfeiture of 100% of the cost.
Members are fully responsible for payments and actions of their guests. Cancellations due to road closures should be addressed immediately with the cabin master to arrange for future credit.
COMMON AREA & STORAGE
Don’t clutter common areas with personal belongings. Ski boots can be stored in racks in the laundry room. Other ski gear should be stored in the outside stairwell.
Pets are not allowed in the Tahoe Cabin.
Smoking of any kind (including vaping) is not allowed inside the Tahoe cabin.
WHAT TO BRING
During the current pandemic, bringing own sheets and towels is mandatory. NO sheets or towels are available.
Food is not provided, but the kitchen is fully equipped with a microwave and common spices, and there are nearby supermarkets.
Wood for the cabin’s wood stove is usually available. To operate the wood stove, you should bring a fire starter or kindling, and some dry wood to get the fire started. The wood under the deck is not always dry, but can be used once you have a good fire going.
The Tahoe Cabin is rented on a per person, per night, basis at the following prices:
$35 – Adults
$20 – Children 3-17
Children under 3 stay for free.
Between May and Thanksgiving, the entire cabin can be reserved for for up to 17 people. The cost for that is $320 per weekend night and only $285 per week night.
Quiet hours are usually 10:00pm to 7:00 am. (The stairs can be noisy for those in the rooms, so please step lightly if you come in late or leave early!)
Children are not to play on the stairs for safety and noise reasons.
This is your cabin, not a hotel. To make sure everybody enjoys the cabin at a reasonable rate, please ensure that you help out.
- Cabin rates can remain low with your help!
- All guests are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Rooms should be cleaned and beds should be stripped.
- If club bedding was used, it must be washed, dried, and put away.
- Leave kitchen spotless after use; do not leave food in the refrigerator.
- Apply bearproof lids to garbage cans at all times. (To prevent having to clean a big mess!)